ARDENT LIBRARIAN PAGES
- Dewey Decimal Rap and More!
- Internet Safety & Critical Thinking
- REFERENCE / RÉFÉRENCE
- How To Use a Shelf Marker - to Keep the Library Organized and Tidy
- Book Care - How to take Care of Our Scrumptious Books
- Kidsku: Bastion Haiku Poetry inspired by the book "Guyku: a Year of Haiku for Boys" by Bob Raczka, illus. Peter Reynolds
- La Poésie
- Poetry - Student & Teacher Writings & Selections
Monday, 25 November 2019
Scholastic Book Fair, Dec. 2nd-5th, 2019 - 4 Days!
Dear Parents and Families:
As we know reading for pleasure unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps children discover who they are. Let’s continue developing strong reading skills and a love for reading with our children. Scholastic suggests:
· Set the example. Let children see you read.
· Have a collection of books in your home. Update this collection routinely to keep up with changing tastes and reading skills.
· Support your school’s Book Fair. Allow your children to choose their own books to read.
Our Scholastic Book Fair is a reading event that brings the books kids want to read right into your school. It’s a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child’s reading habits.
Book Fair dates: Dec. 2nd to 5th (Mon-Thu)
Shopping hours: 7:45-4pm Mon-Wed, & Thur 7:45am-3pm and then fair cleanup & pack up.
We look forward to seeing you and your family at our Book Fair! Remember, all purchases benefit our school.
ADULT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: for poster coordinator (set up and take down) cashiers, and clean up and pack up, Thu. Dec. 5th 3pm to approx. 4pm pending volunteer numbers. View sign-up document at http://tiny.cc/vokugz
Ms. Shannon Murrells-Allaway, Teacher-librarian